Saturday, March 9, 2013

Winter's Last Kiss

I didn't mind waking up to this scene yesterday...
but, let's hope it really IS the last
hurrah from Old Man Winter.
An opportunity for some pretty pics, at least.

Too bad I couldn't get this little guy to face me.
With clouds clearing and sunshine by midday, branches were quickly bare, and streets cleared, so I ventured out.


For more photos, of course.


This common merganser was well camouflaged, save that flash of beak!

Same with the grey heron!
Though enjoying my new found hobby of birding, I can't help but be most anxious for that first pop of color in my garden: Hellebores!

Thanks for stopping by, and, don't forget to 'Spring forward' tomorrow, friends!




3 comments:

  1. Wasn't that such a pretty snow. The one we had was so pretty even if I am tired of winter. LOL! Ours was gone by the end of the day though so spring must be soon and maybe that will be the last one. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures Lynn! Vermont has had three days in a row of strong maple sap runs and sugar houses are all fired up and boiling daily. We're hoping for a strong maple syrup production year. The snow is melting at the nursery and a month from now we'll be back to planting. If you're up this way this summer, stop in again.Vermont is a special place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope we've seen winter's last kiss too!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!