Thursday, April 24, 2014

"ARTiculture"

That was the theme for the 2014's Philadelphia Flower Show.  I tend to have such high expectations for this annual mega display of all things horticulture, and the entrance exhibit usually WOWs me to no end.  This year, not so much!
The exhibits depicted famous works of art by well-known masters such as Monet, Michelangelo and da Vinci.  And, yes, they were every artistic and interesting...
...just didn't make my heart flutter.  There were no 'garden ideas' to take away for my little space on earth and no new plants I HAD to find and attempt to grow!
That's MY kind of show!  Still, I took a ton of photos to share...
Usually, the orchid exhibit is huge!
  A much smaller scale this time 'round.
There were some great container garden ideas....
Not a bloom in sight here, but look at the COLOR!
This one's cute!  Anyone know where I can get a giant soup can?  
 So many more photos to share but I gotta run so come visit me again, soon!

5 comments:

  1. Such wonderful creativity, the orchids are gorgeous especially the orange one and Crotons to die for. Thankyou for the tour Lynn, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have been disappointed in it, but it already impressed me more than our garden show usually does! I've decided that garden show is a misnomer, it should really be called a hardscape display with flowers. You are right, there aren't many ideas for the home gardener to use unless you plan to buy hardscape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with Robin. Lynn your garden show was so beautiful. We were so disappointed in ours that we did not even attend this year. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Your header is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, all, for visiting and leaving such nice messages. I am not doing great with my resolution of more blogging..lol. But Spring is in full glory so there's LOTS of photos to share...;D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!