Wednesday, January 8, 2020

And That's a Wrap!

Is it just me or does the sand escape faster
and faster through the hourglass as we get older?
Oh good...I'm not alone..ha!

2019 was filled with so many treasures for the photo album.
Hubby and I were lucky to enjoy not just one, but 2 major vacations!
February had us soaking up sun from the Big Island, Hawaii.
Days were filled with guided tours, luaus, and ocean front relaxation...it was heaven!
Then from late March to mid August, I was on auto pilot from sun-up to dusk,
seven days a week.  Down time was time behind the wheel...
driving from one field to the next...
planting, nurturing, weeding, harvesting.
And, yes, I do love it, but my body went on strike!
Weekly bouquets went out to CSA members, event designers,
two small grocery stores, not to mention the 3 farmers markets
I vended at each week.
It was a killer schedule.  One that I learned from and will be
making major changes this coming season.
There were new plants trialed and a few taken off the grow list.
These dahlias were grown by good friend and fellow farmer,
Katherine from  https://www.dahliatemptations.com/
Aren't they gorgeous!
 At peak bloom (in July), I was harvesting enough
stems for 120 bouquets a week...it was pretty crazy!
Hence the mid season burn out! 
It was time for a bit of R&R
We ended up here, in the historical district of Charleston, SC
what a quaint and beautiful place!  Such friendly people...and great BBQ!

 Then it was off to Hilton Head, SC.
 A sunset dolphin cruise is a must if you're ever in the area.
Last night of our stay, we had this view from our patio...sigh...
Thankfully, I was rejuvenated and ready to
tackle the last 2 months of hard labor.

With such a crazy growing and market schedule,
I did not have time to take on wedding designs except for one small
intimate party.  But I did get to free-lance with a few stellar local designers.
This was a wonderful learning day spent with
Deneise's team from https://botanicalbox.com/
Perfect backdrop to say "I do"
The growing season finished by the end of October and I was truly ready.
A few weeks of catching up on household chores, paperwork and SLEEEEP,
I was finally able to tackle bulb planting...
so we could start this flower-filled life all over again come April!

Happy Belated New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!