Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Daylilies


My much anticipated mail-ordered daylilies arrived so I've been busy this week. As usual, I ordered plants without planning ahead (anyone else have this very bad habit?), and found myself unprepared. The bare roots spent two days in water (probably too long) while I cleared out two vegetable beds to make room. It was a shame to pull out my eggplants and green beans but they were pretty sad looking anyway! In all, there are 20 new varieties (mostly late bloomers) so my collection is growing nicely.

Fall is great time to plan your garden for next year.  There's still plenty of work to do if you want spring bulbs to bloom next April/May.  Just because there's not a lot of life going on in the garden doesn't mean YOU stop working!  I'm living and learning...a gardener's motto, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!