Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Belated New Year!

But, first a very very belated Merry Christmas!
I know....This post is a month overdue(!) but with the view of a snow-covered landscape out my window this morning, it 'feels' very Christmas(sy), so let's take a tour of a Longwood Christmas, shall we?
 If you are lucky enough to be within driving distance of Kennett Square, PA, you've probably visited this gem of a display garden.  I could plan a monthly trip and still come across something new every visit.  In fact, I do! 
Be sure to check out their website  http://longwoodgardens.org for the wonderful schedule of workshops and lectures as well. 
I find it truly amazing that it only takes 3-full days to transform the greenhouses from the Chrysanthemum show (see previous post) into Christmas magic! 
Each turn down the path leads you into another secret garden...filled with wonderment and appreciation.  I would absolutely love to volunteer here...sigh!!
This long view of the main garden made quite an impact...
and these blue delphiniums took my breath away!
Never will you see a wilted bloom or petal out of place...that's what I call attention to detail!
Do you like this feather arrangement...?
The Cascade Garden showcased this whimsical tree decorated with glass hummingbirds... 
how adorable!
The Music Room featured a centerpiece made from paper leaves and feathers!  Each hand cut...can you imagine?! 
The look had a much more WOW effect in person! 
I "ooh" and "aah"(ed) until my jaw hurt...seriously!
There were many theme-decorated trees but my favorite were just the more simple ones...
The show continued outside as well.  Each tree (and there are hundreds) glowed with thousands (actually, millions!) of twinkly lights.  I forgot gloves this eve so these were quick snaps as I rushed from the parking lot to the greenhouses...lol.
These cascading lights remind me of fireworks, so I'd like to wish you all a Belated Happy New Year, as well!  Better late than never...;D
With 53 days left until Spring (yes, I'm patiently counting!), visiting Longwood is not a bad way to get my garden fix!
Enjoying these lovely hellebores I scored at a trade show last weekend...hurry, Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that place is really a knockout. I'd surely visit it often myself!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!