Saturday, February 7, 2009

Coming Soon...!

Good morning friends. As I sat down to blog, this beautiful sunrise was lighting the sky. What to do but bundle up and rush outside for a snap...isn't she pretty? I'll hope that the neighbors did not witness a crazy woman (in bathrobe and boots) running through the backyard...LOL! With the deluge of Spring 09! catalogs enticing us, I pulled these from my albums to share...enjoy!

Front view of our home. I LOVE the kwanzan cherry tree in bloom! So much that a second one was planted last fall to the left of the photo. This 20 yr.+ one does need major pruning though! The white dogwood, in it's 5th season, lost a good center section in November when we had that nasty ice storm...I may remove it if new growth doesn't fill in. Behind the white dogwood is the wonderful trellis HH built for a climbing hydrangea.
Underneath the kwanzan ...all those forget-me-nots are volunteers! Hope they remember to come back and bring more friends.











A beautiful view from our dining room...my planting of mixed tulips.









Sunny daffodil border of a neighbor's yard...good eye if you see the swing!


















These photos are actually from a display garden in PA, specializing in bulbs. I am stumped though as to what it was called?!? Taken a few years back during a field trip with my local garden club. Also, when I attempted a visit the following spring, they were closed for business!
Are you drooling yet?
What a view from their office! Notice the 10ft. surrounding fence...
Hope I whet your appetite just a little and gave you a taste of what Spring will bring...soon!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Lynn! I AM drooling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit, Linda. Spring blooms make putting up with winter a little easier...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely whet my appetite for things to come soon...thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for your message, perennialgardener! This is best way to get through the next 6 weeks...visting other garden blogs :-}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe of hese tulips...but your garden, as well! I love the forget-me-nots under your tree...and all the other colorful blooms! I hope they will all volunteer for you again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn,

    These photos are stunning, loved the tulips. Sorry spring has not started there yet.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead.
Make My Day.
And leave a comment...won't you?!